Friday, February 12, 2016

First Impressions - Reykjavik

I am reminded once again that I often see more beauty in the natural landscapes than the city. Reykjavik is a very industrialized, growing city. It is certainly larger than I imagined and had a lot of 1980's Russian style building mixed with Norwegian style housing. It is an eclectic mix.

Our hotel is nice, although our own room is a little less spectacular than I wanted. A plain concrete wall adorns our wall with 2 twin beds (that we mashed together). I have to remind myself that I am in Europe. But if you saw my bathroom here, you would understand.

THe lobby is great, with creative and quirky little nuances. The bear is wonderful and full of people and surprised.

We made our way into town tonight, catching a few drinks at pubs along the way.

Then we ended up at one of the most amazing restaurants I have ever encountered. We had reservations at MATUR OG DRYKKUR. Words cannot describe how good this meal was.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I truly acknowledge and keep writing.This is an incredible moving post. I am practically satisfied with your great work. You put truly extremely supportive data. I am hoping to perusing your next post.
Perfumes online Dubai